Monday, July 14, 2008

How I saved Money this week

I signed up for the 10% off coupon at both the Home Depot and Lowes moving web sites. Lowes e-mailed the coupon within 3 days, while I still have not received anything but junk e-mail for Home Depot. I initially thought that I would be able to print out the coupon immediately after signing up but it didn’t work that way. I sent an inquiring e-mail to Home Depot about the coupon and was told that it would take 4-5 business weeks!

I tend to frequent Home Depot more often than Lowes. That is not because I like it any better than Lowes, it’s just closer to home. So, during my last shopping trip, picking up 6x6 posts for my pergola, I asked the clerk if they accepted competitors coupons. And sure enough they do, so I pulled out the Lowes 10% off and got a nice little discount, which made my day!



1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I learned a new word....pergola. =) You should post a pic or two when you are done. :)

    Good call on the savings and goes to show that it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

    ReplyDelete